It's been a while since my last blog, unfortunately I'm very good at procrastinating and/or forgetting, but I'm here now. These past few weeks have been filled with shoots nearly every week for my uni assignment and I still feel like I'm trying to figure out what it is I'm really trying to create. I've done a few different shoots but I haven't felt that I am going in the right direction. I've put up some work on the Facebook page that might be interesting as it's quite different to my outside of uni work.
Anyway I wanted to briefly mention a problem I had a few weeks ago with a model who had been a client. I had done some photos for her but I had not gotten her to sign a contract as she was the one who had commissioned me for the photos. But after wards when I gave her the photos she agreed to let me use the photos in my portfolio, website etc. A few weeks after I had done the photos for her she sent me some photos that she wanted retouched asap. So I retouched the photos for her and sent them back, letting her know the cost of the photos. She emailed back and said that she didn't realise that I was charging her for the retouching, and that she thought it was a favour for letting me use her photos in my portfolio. When I read that email I was very angry because I had never agreed to do them free of charge, and it had taken up time that I could have focused on my uni work. Furthermore we had never discussed the cost of my retouching because she had wanted the photos asap, but i had assumed that I was getting paid because she had texted me beforehand and said that she would be able to pay me for them. So I emailed her back and explained our misunderstanding. I did get paid in the end but I had to compromise for only getting paid 50% of what I was owed as I did not want to create any ripples. Anyway the lesson I learnt was to always get models to sign contracts!
On a better note, I had an exciting photo shoot in the studio today where I was trying to recreate 30s/40s style photos. My model was my friend Nicole who I have used many times in my work. I had a really good time doing all the makeup and styling because I had never really tried period photos before. I just uploaded the photos and the previews look amazing, I can't wait to start editing!
Here are some photos taken by Angus:
One of the raw photos straight from the camera (my model won't like that it's not retouched, lol!):
I'm off to bed now, goodnight :),
Jenni





No comments:
Post a Comment